This accessibility statement applies to www.awastudios.com (the “Website), which is run by Artists Writers & Artisans, Inc. (“AWA“, “the Company“, “we“, “us” or “our“). We want as many people as possible to be able to use this Website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen;
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard;
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software; and
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
We have also tried to make the Website text as simple as possible to understand, within the constraints of the subject matter. Additional information on making your device easier to use if you have a disability is available at AbilityNet.
Some parts of this Website are not fully accessible, including:
- Some older PDF documents that we add may not fully accessible to screen reader software
- Some text on image backgrounds may not offer suitable contrast ratio
This Website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Company logos are included in the news highlight images – we will seek to explain those in alt text.
- Elements in carousels do not have sufficient focus states.
- Some users may struggle to open the modal site navigation. Alternative links are available in the footer.
It is our intention to address these points by end 2022.
- Comic book viewer content – where comic books can be read using the comic book viewer screen, due to the graphic nature of these, we do not currently have accessible text copies.
Feedback and Contact Information
If you need information on this Website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please contact us and we will do our best to assist:
- write to us at AWA Studios, 178 Columbus Avenue #237194, New York, NY 10023
Reporting Accessibility Problems
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this Website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, you may contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This statement was prepared on 01 April 2022. It was last reviewed on that date.
This Website was last tested on 01 April 2022. The test was carried out by Huxley Digital Ltd.
Our sample of pages to test was based on ensuring content of each type was tested, including our most popular landing pages.