Last Updated: April 5, 2022
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Service, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
The Service collects two types of information from you: (1) general information and (2) personal information. This information is used for the purposes for which it was collected (for example, responding to your requests or sending newsletters), and the other limited purposes set forth below.
We automatically collect some non-personal information (“General Information”) when you use the Service via cookies and other technology, including, the number and frequency of visits, the pages you visit and links you use, the software and operating system used to access the Service and your IP address and Internet service provider.
We aggregate and analyze this information and use it for operational and administrative purposes, including to identify levels and areas of interest in our Service, and to improve and refine the Service. We may also share this aggregated, anonymous data with our business partners on an as-needed basis.
We also collect information that may identify you (“Personal Information”) that you voluntarily give us via email, when registering for an account, or other direct contact from you, including name, address, email address, phone number, and country of residence.
We use Personal Information for the purpose it was collected, and other limited purposes such as:
- to place an order made through the Service;
- to process transactions or provide you with information such as to send you electronic newsletters or to provide you with special offers or promotional and marketing materials on behalf of us or third parties, including to let you know about new products, services or upcoming events;
- to enable you to participate in a variety of the Service’s features such as to enable you to participate in online surveys, entry sweepstakes, contests or other promotions;
- to customize your experience on the Service or to serve you specific content that we believe is relevant to you;
- to provide customer support;
- to contact you with regard to your use of the Service and, in our discretion, changes to the Service and/or Service’s policies;
- to notify you of product recalls or providing other information concerning products you have purchased; and
- for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
We will not share Personal Information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, except for the following limited circumstances:
- To carry out AWA’s business purposes. Specifically, we may share your email address with our subsidiaries, affiliated entities, and certain third-party vendors, agents, or contractors who perform services for us on a “need to know” basis, which may include sending you newsletters and our other products and offerings;
- With your permission to disclose the information;
- To change website hosts or improve the operation of our Service; and
- As required by law or court order (see “Legal Disclaimer” below).
We may elect to share information about you with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits California residents who have supplied personal information (as defined in the law) to us to, under certain circumstances, request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this law applies to you, you may obtain the categories of personal information shared by us and the names and addresses of all third parties that received personal information for their direct marketing purposes from us during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2017 will receive information about 2016 sharing activities). To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. To make such a request (limit one request per year), please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “California Privacy Rights” as the subject line. You must include your full name, email address, and postal address in your request.
California / Delaware Do Not Track Disclosures
Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
Change of Control
We may transfer your information to another entity that acquires all or a portion of AWA by merger, reorganization, operation of law, sale of all or any portion of our ownership interests, assets or business or otherwise in connection with a change or control of AWA.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You can do the following at any time by contacting AWA:
- See what Personal Information we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any Personal Information we have about you.
- Have us delete any Personal Information we have about you.
- Let us know that you prefer not to share your Personal Information.
We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable (but we may retain prior information as business records). Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons.
We take precautions to protect your Personal Information. When you submit Personal Information via the Service, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect Personal Information that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page. We also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to Personal Information. We have also put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard Personal Information, and the computers/servers in which we store Personal Information are kept in a secure environment. Although we use security that we believe to be appropriate to protect your Personal Information, we do not guarantee that our security procedures will protect against, and we expressly disclaim any liability for, any loss, misuse, or alteration of your Personal Information.
Transfers to the United States
The Service is not intended for use by those under 18 years of age and we do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information on the Service from children under the age of 13. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us via the Service, we will take reasonable measures to delete such information from our records and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required by law).
We may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information (including Personal Information) to third parties: (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process if in our good faith opinion such is required or permitted by law; (ii) to protect and/or defend the Service’s Terms and Conditions or other policies applicable to the Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (iii) to protect the safety, rights, property or security of the Service or any third party; and/or (iv) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. Further, we may use IP address or other information, to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties such as copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers and/or law enforcement agencies, including disclosing such information to third parties, all in our discretion, subject to applicable law. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.